At the end of a year unlike any other, I feel that we have achieved so much, despite the challenges we have faced,. Our students have shown great diligence, commitment and self-discipline, and have grown in ways that perhaps we could not have predicted given the unique circumstances we have all experienced. As staff, what we witness every day are happy, focused, increasingly confident and responsible young people making the most of the opportunities that are available to them. I feel deeply privileged to have been able to lead our school through the challenges of the past year but could not have done so without the utter commitment and dedication of ‘Team Chenderit’. I offer my heartfelt thanks to our dedicated staff, our diligent students, our supportive parents and our committed governing body.
I would also like to commend the following staff or their contributions to Chenderit and to
wish them good fortune in the years ahead:
- Mrs Ruth Hoose who is retiring, having worked at the school for over 18 years.
- Mr Patrick Taylor who is semi-retiring from his role as Deputy Headteacher and returning in September as teacher in charge of our school’s self-evaluation and lead teacher for A Level English Literature.
- Miss Sharon Channer who is semi-retiring from her position as Deputy Head of Science and returning to teach A Level chemistry in September.
- Mr Dave Hebden who is semi-retiring from his position as Deputy Head of PE/PSHE and returning to teach some PE/PSHE in September
- Mrs Jessica Butler, Mr Darran Fowler, Ms Caroline Godfrey, Mr Jack Hillman, Mrs Karen Hunt, Ms Angela Kennedy and Mrs Amber Sivyer, who have a variety of interesting plans ahead.
I wish you all
an enjoyable summer holiday and look forward to seeing all students in the
gallery for their LFTs at their allotted appointment times on 1st, 2ndor 3rd September and then on Friday 3rd September (for
students in years 7, 10, 11, 12 and 13 only) and from Monday 6thSeptember for all students.
« Go Back to previous page