The Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to schools to work with pupils who have been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as 'Ever 6 FSM').
The Government believes that the Pupil Premium, which is additional to main school funding, is the best way to address the current underlying inequalities between children eligible for free school meals (FSM) and their peers.
The Pupil Premium is available to schools to support those pupils who fall into the categories below:
- Free School Meals (FSM) (or have been in receipt during the last 6 years "Ever6")
- Children who are looked after (Looked AftCer Children)
- Children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces
- Children adopted from care under the Adoption and Children Act 2002
- and children who have left care under a Special Guardianship or Residence Order
If you believe you may be eligible for this but do not believe the school currently receives pupil premium funding for your child, please contact the school
At Chenderit School we use the Pupil Premium to make strategic interventions that we believe will lead to improved performance amongst students eligible for the pupil premium focussing specifically in these areas:
- Improved attainment and progress
- Improved attendance and punctuality
- Improved behaviour for learning and specifically a reduction in the number of exclusions of disadvantaged pupils
- Extended access and opportunity to extra-curricular provision
- Promoting and enabling inclusion in future education