Our principal aim is for students to develop their interest and enjoyment in drama and theatre both as participants and as informed members of an audience. In addition:
- The Drama Department aims to engage and enthuse students about theatre and the performing arts.
- We intend for students to develop their performance skills and have the opportunity to explore themes and issues relevant to present-day society.
- The Drama Department aims to engage student with both the practical and written components of the course, with much emphasis being on both verbal and written analysis as a transferrable skill.
- The Drama Department believes that all students should be able to work with any of their peers, and feel confident to contribute within group discussion.
- We ensure students experience a range of opportunities to develop a variety of dramatic and theatrical skills, enabling them to grow creatively and imaginatively in both devised and scripted work.