Technology is purposeful, practical, challenging and fun and exciting! Studying Technology will build on what students have learnt about designing and making before. Students will use knowledge, skills and understanding to design and make new and better solutions to real problems working with materials that they choose to work with. Technology prepares students to participate in todays and tomorrow's rapidly changing technological world:
- Through Technology, all students can become critical and informed users of products, and become designers and innovators.
- Students will learn to think and do something creative to improve the quality of life for everyone.
- Students will experiment with combining ingredients to design and make innovative and healthy recipes.
- Technology is about students becoming self-motivated, creative, problem solvers, and allows them to work both as individuals and as members of a team.
- Students will look for needs, wants and opportunities and respond to them by developing a range of design ideas and by making and evaluating products and systems.
- In Technology students will combine practical skills with an understanding of aesthetics, social issues, environmental issues, function, and industrial practices.
- Students will consider the use and effects of present and past technology.