At Chenderit School we have established a strong and supportive community where staff and students strive to "Aim High, Work Hard and Be Nice". Our students are valued as individuals and are actively encouraged to pursue excellence, not only academically, but in all other spheres of school life. Our aim is to unlock each student's potential and to celebrate every individual's progress and achievements.
Chenderit School is a forward looking school with proud traditions. We encourage our students to embrace all opportunities at school and, through these, to develop into increasingly resilient, independent, adaptable, respectful and resourceful learners. We have high expectations of our school community and pride ourselves on our safe, supportive yet challenging environment in which students are able to enjoy, flourish and achieve.
I hope you find the information you are looking for on our website and that it gives you a flavour of what is unique and special about our school. If you are considering whether Chenderit School is the right school for your child, please contact us for more information or, better still, arrange a visit to meet our staff and students and to experience our welcoming atmosphere, our sense of purpose and the wide variety of opportunities that Chenderit has to offer.
Y7 summer camp
18 Jun 2018
As student excitement builds about next week’s summer camp, Mrs Hoose would like to take this opportunity to convey some important messages:
- Students will need to be able to carry or trundle their own luggage for approx. 300 meters - there is no one else there to help them!
- Students need to pack sun block and a hat - the forecast is looking good.
- Students will need to take a packed lunch and drink for the first day. They will then re-use their box and drinks container every day to put their lunch in.
- Students need to take a mug.
- Spare plastic carrier bags are also a good idea - they are useful to put wet clothes in (for example, after rafting).
- In line with school policy, there will be zero tolerance of phones but please feel free to bring a separate, proper camera.
- Students should ensure they have plenty of changes of boots, shoes, trainers etc and they will need a water proof: this is England! However, do not go out to buy good quality one as the centre provides them if needed.
- Medication is to be handed to Mr Williamson or Mrs Hoose ( no one else) on the Monday morning. Please place it in a bag with the student’s name on it and please include written instructions. We do not need to collect inhalers but please ensure your child knows to keep it with them at all times.
- Bags are to be taken to the lecture theatre next Monday morning, as they arrive in school. Students are then to go to be registered in tutor groups, as usual. Bags will be collected from the lecture theatre and put on the coach, tutor group by tutor group.
- The emergency mobile number will be published on Monday 25th June, as we set off. However wherever possible please communicate through the school.